Upgrading DRR ram

Domaz

In Runtime
I was wondering if i would upgrade my laptop's drr ram would it help perform game vise? if i upgrade my 2GB drr2 (not sure if it's two or 3 now) up till 4 GB will this give a boost to play games?

I believe 4GB is the max you can upgrade on your computer. Otherwise, it will be limited by the OS. Game performance can benefit from a video card upgrade too but for laptops, it's a little hard to come by unless your motherboard was designed to use a separate video card.

Upgrading your RAM will only make the game run faster and smoother; it won't enhance the graphics of the game.

I see, so it will make the game run faster? For example i wanna upgrade it for crysis and such, So i can play it smoother

You will get hit by your graphics component. Especially on a laptop. Upgrading RAM will make it load faster and things like that, but visually, it will be crap. Not worth it.

are we talking about ddr or ddr2 ram?

plus it depends what the maximum capacity of the actually ram slots/motherboard are

Ddr 2 ram afcourse and yeah i allready did that with other website can't remember witch one it said i can add 4gb x 2 ram in it if i'm not mistaken

my full specs are

Asus G1s

core 2 duo
2.20ghz
T7500
8600GT
2GB DDR2 ram
windows vista

Wooo, that's a pretty nice system. Yeah, try upgrading the RAM to see what it does. Im sure it will benefit heavy programs that requires a lot of loading time. Very similar to what I'm running:

39332479yt4.jpg

But I have no video card :(.

Back
Top Bottom