Upgrading DRR ram

Domaz

In Runtime
I was wondering if i would upgrade my laptop's drr ram would it help perform game vise? if i upgrade my 2GB drr2 (not sure if it's two or 3 now) up till 4 GB will this give a boost to play games?

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
I believe 4GB is the max you can upgrade on your computer. Otherwise, it will be limited by the OS. Game performance can benefit from a video card upgrade too but for laptops, it's a little hard to come by unless your motherboard was designed to use a separate video card.

Szat

Daemon Poster
Upgrading your RAM will only make the game run faster and smoother; it won't enhance the graphics of the game.

Domaz

In Runtime
I see, so it will make the game run faster? For example i wanna upgrade it for crysis and such, So i can play it smoother

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
You will get hit by your graphics component. Especially on a laptop. Upgrading RAM will make it load faster and things like that, but visually, it will be crap. Not worth it.

BrynF_UK

Fully Optimized
are we talking about ddr or ddr2 ram?

plus it depends what the maximum capacity of the actually ram slots/motherboard are

Domaz

In Runtime
Ddr 2 ram afcourse and yeah i allready did that with other website can't remember witch one it said i can add 4gb x 2 ram in it if i'm not mistaken

my full specs are

Asus G1s

core 2 duo
2.20ghz
T7500
8600GT
2GB DDR2 ram
windows vista

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Wooo, that's a pretty nice system. Yeah, try upgrading the RAM to see what it does. Im sure it will benefit heavy programs that requires a lot of loading time. Very similar to what I'm running:

But I have no video card :(.