Upgrading an old computer

scoobots

Beta member
Hi. I have an older computer. I was wondering what "newer" videocard I could put in my computer. I want to upgrade to a cheap DirectX 11 card. I have attached a .txt file from cpu-id that has all the information that people are looking for. On the .txt file, I have deleted a lot of the information so I could squeeze the file to fit onto this message.

Also, based on the info, could I get away with upgrading from 4GB RAM to 8GB of RAM??

Thank you.

Attachments

• scoobots 2-pc.txt
    31 KB · Views: 3
What motherboard and power supply do you have? Is this a prebuilt or did you build it yourself?

Thank you for your response. I thought all the relevant information was included in the attachment file. Maybe not.

Okay, here's the info you had requested.

It was prebuilt by Alienware. The videocard is a GeForce GTX 295. Here's the motherboard info:

vendor ASUSTeK Computer INC.
model M3A32-MVP DELUXE
revision Rev 1.xx
serial MS1C87BX1E00394

Hope this helps.

Hi....whenever you ask a question, or look for advice it's always a good idea to detail your computer's specs, it will save you a lot of time. Making a sig is a good idea, so you only have to do it once.

The GTX 460 is an amazing card, and very inexpensive now. In fact, if your motherboard, and PSU can handle it, a pair of them in SLI scale beautifully at around 90% in most apps, and will outperform a single GTX 580. A 650watt PSU is sufficient, but 700watt+ would be better.

I occasionally see these on sale for around $159.00

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-...e=UTF8&qid=1349639322&sr=8-1&keywords=GTX+460

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom