Upgrading an old computer

You can do whatever You want, but this computer is not going to work faster never.
If You want it will run faster, should replace whole motherboard and faster processor. Also is recommended to use SSD. RAM at least 32GB and use fast RAM and of course some good and fast graphics card. This the minimum.
Let's try not to misguide people with misinformation there chief. The guy clearly stated he wanted to just make the computer run WoW for his son which is easily attainable with a simple graphics card upgrade. Although dated, the processor is capable of running the game and something like a 1050ti or 1060 will more than carry for the small bottleneck of the CPU at low to medium settings. You definitely don't need 32GB of RAM for the game, or most for that matter.

Hi guys,
I have very little computer knowledge, I wouldn't now how to upgrade a mother board, processor etc. I was just wondering if a better gpu would allow my son to play WoW legion on his computer.
I have seen these on craigslist Near me
-BFG GeForce 7800 GS OC AGP-256MB GDDR3.VGA, DVI-IS-Video out
-MSI Radeon R7 260x Direct X 11.2 R7 260x 2gd5 oc 2gb 128 Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready Crossfirex support video card
-EVGA GeForce GTX 750Ti SC 2GB Gddr5 Graphics Card

His Budget went down due to the wife (His Mother) Buying him sweaters and shoes for Xmas. I'm pretty sure a 12 year old does not want that for Christmas :(
what do you guys think?

That's cutting it pretty bad. See if you can find a used 950 for that much. I personally think a 750ti is worth no more than 50 bucks these days with the 950 and 1050 out there. The 1050 is like 100 new now anyways.

PP Mguire
I live in Newbury Park Ca, everything is expensive here, that's when people leave to Texas lol.
I use apps like "Close5" or "letgo" to find graphics cards. I found a few at good prices but I have no idea if they would work on my computer. I can't find the 3 you recommend but wish I can show you what around me. Also this this website says I'm spamming when I try to PM you back

Hi guys I just realized this site has an app[emoji51].
I bought the GT750i and had someone install it,
My son was really happy for Xmas, he is now playing WoW.
Thank you all again for the helpImageUploadedByTechist Forums1482999696.648311.jpg

Back
Top Bottom