Upgrading advice

dmc14

Solid State Member
Hello, Im new to this forum and mainly new to building computers. What im looking for is some advice on what kind of upgrades I should get for my computer. Right now I dont know of my budget but im shootin low here.
So basically a set up that will get me by to run games like Americas Army 3 or Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
My Current 4 year old PC specs is:

Motherboard: http://www.ascendtech.us/itemdesc.asp?ic=MB64HPAMBERINEM&eq=&Tp=

Processor: AMD 64 3700+ 2.2 GHz

RAM: Two 512 MB,made by Micron Technology

Video: Integrated ATI Radeon Express 200, Dont know the MBs, dont really care though cause I know I need an actual video card

Sound: Comes with the intergrated video

And for my Power supply I dont know what kind it is but its factory, and Im guessing I could keep my hard drive?
Im thinking for the RAM I could get two 1 gigs and put those in with the 512's, as for graphics and processor I have no clue.

Thanks for any help guys!

i would recommend definally getting at last two gigs in your computer the graphics card is ok... how big a hard drive do you have...

Thank you for the reply.
I have 200 GB hard drive, but i only have about 50 gigs leftover so maybe I should check into getting a better one too.
But im not sure about the graphics card. Since its integrated its small, my cards program says it has 256 MB but it doesnt run games well at all.

I would look into getting a nvida... depending on your price range i would get a medium to high end one... also depending on how often you will be using it

That's a nice combo. but it is not compatible with your computer. You have a socket 939 motherboard and the processor in that combo is a socket AM3.

I think your best bet would be to save your pennies and upgrade to a new system.

Thanx atomic, I didnt even know that they had different type of sockets for processors. Im slowly learning though.
Yea Im think maybe that should be my best bet too, or maybe follow one of the budget builds on here

Back
Top Bottom