Upgrades.. Good enough?

Dont pay for the premium for ddr3 mobo and ram, all ddr3 does for you is increase latency and power usage. go for a ddr2 790gx that supports am3, use the extra money for a nice cpu cooler or water cooling.

Dont pay for the premium for ddr3 mobo and ram, all ddr3 does for you is increase latency and power usage. go for a ddr2 790gx that supports am3, use the extra money for a nice cpu cooler or water cooling.
DDR3 lowers latency and uses less power.

On DDR2 vs DDR3, I suppose it depends on which way you look at it:
- DDR3 doesn't offer any performance increase over DDR3 for today's CPUs., but if you want to upgrade in the future, chances are, you'll need DDR3. Buy it now and you won't have to buy it later.
- DDR2 is a lot cheaper than DDR3 now, and offers the same performance.

Your choice, OP.

my old dell desktop im gonna rebuild it, thanks i'll you use that mobo/Ram..
i thought the new 940 could support ddr3.. ill use the onboard gpu for now, till i get some more money.. plan on getting this stuff umm maybe next week..

That processor can support DDR3. All of that bandwidth just isn't use. It's great for memory intensive applications like Photoshop, Illustrator and editing programs in general. It depends if the motherboard can support it. The memory controller on the motherboard says what goes for memory.

It could be for a very high quality unit. But, I would most likely say no. It also depends on your GPU, case fans, amount of hard drives, if you overclock, etc. I would go for at least 500-550 to feel safe. Go for 600+ if you want a bunch of headroom for future upgrades.

Back
Top Bottom