upgraded to watercooling, getting same temps as my cpu HSF

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipercrazed

In Runtime
well i had a stock AMD K8 heatsink, i got temps from 36-41(in AI booster)
i purchased a thermaltake bigwater 135(the 175 is too big for a midtower)

without a gpu block just a stock 135 set, my cpu wtill runs 35-40

both high temps were acheived while loading the game starcraft, so its not the highest temp possible, my tube that comes off the cpu and the tube that return water from the radiator touch in one spot but i dont think heat will transfer that much, so it shouldnt matter?

i was wondering if theres a cheap fix, like better coolant(im usin the uv coolant from thermaltake)
or a better resivior that keeps water cool longer

or it could just be that the AS5 i used will get better with time, expanding and settling(or was i supposed to use the TIM that came from thermaltake(yeah right!, but really, should i of?)

any suggestions appreciated thnx

Either make the water move faster or get it to cool quicker, look at the amount of water surface area in contact with the reservoirs sides and also consider the heat transfered to the water before it reaches the CPU, ie is the water-in pipe getting too hot?

that all basically go's down to a new pump and thats the last thing i wanted cause its the most expensive,
but my pump and resivior are seperate so i might wanna pick one up that has a pump inside the resivior, and maybe save some space
thnx for some ideas

is thier a way to mod the pump so its speed controlled, if it moved slower the radiator would cool it more..

now im gonan start puttin my radiator in front of my aircondtioner, a match made in heaven, oooooo awwww nice and frozen, ill se how far temps drop now
well after 20 minutes or so its 27 Cand still droping, system temp in AIbooster is still more at 30 C so i dunno, wierd cause my aircondtioner should of cooled that off nore cause that sensor is in the open more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom