upgrade

Aresthethird

Solid State Member
i am new to building computers and i was going to mess around with my old one before i do something major and i was wondering what is the best upgrade for this computer for under $300 or so. i use it for games mostly and most new games i have to play on medium or lower settings.

AMD athlon 64 3800+ 2.4GHz dual core processor
asus M2N4-sli socket motherboard
2 asus nvidia geforce 7300GT 256mb video cards
2000/1600 MT/s FSB capable on motherboard
3GB DDR2 memory
10/100/1000 gigabit LAN on board
250GB sataII 300 hard drive
lite on dvdrw optical drive
Apevia x-plorer ATX tower
500 watt power supply

also i am on a dial up connection and i could never get a dial up modem to work in this computer any ideas?will it work on a high speed connection?

what video card do u think would be best? will putting a new video card require me too format my hard drive?

monitor is a 19in widecreen asus and as for the power supply i cant the computer was built by cybertron pc if that helps any

An ATI 4850 or a Nvidia 9800 should do you fine. If you want some security, you can go for an ATI 4870 512Mb or a GTX 260. You could easily get away with a 4770/

No, you will just have to install some new drivers. It's like installing a program. By security I meant a card that will last you a good bit of time. It's currently overkill for your computer now, but if you ever upgrade to a large screen or to a better computer, you won't have to buy a new card.

oh ok, well i was thinking about getting a new comp in a year or 2 but if i can just be able to upgrade this one enough to keep up with new games and get internet to work i would be happy

Back
Top Bottom