Upgrade:

Hi,
Today I am going to do a move on this laptop from windows vista HOME basic to windows vista home PREMUIM. I have a cd and product key.
1.Can I upgrade or not?
AND..
2.Is it recommended?
Because I like that switch between windows thing because it don't work in basic you might as well go alt+tab!
Thanks

u should be able to
i dont see the point, i mean, if money is no object, then u might as well go from basic to ultimate

i'm assuming the possibility that money is no object, because for half the people on this site, money really is NO object

as long as your GPU is powerful enough to handle Aero then you will have no probs.

I know but will the switch between windows thing work!!??
Anway i will be off here about noon then to do it.
can i do a upgrade?

I have Vista Home Premium and to be honest I dont even use the switch between windows thing. it is easier just to click the window on the taskbar

you can definately upgrade...but no of us can tell you whether all the features will work without knowing what GPU you have

You don't really need a powerful system to run Vista Basic, but Vista Home Premium supposedly requires a bit more resource to run because of Aero and all that crap.

Go to Device Manager and click on Display Properties. It will tell you what kind of video card you're running. For CPU/RAM info, download CPU-Z software.

It's a great program to see what you're running.

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

Back
Top Bottom