Upgrade ram

why do i overclock something that i can not handle it? tell me mr genius i dont know it the timings is something that i can not risk at all because i have online classes and i use this computer for work so find something else to tell me
You can calm your tits or head to Reddit that'll do nothing more than belittle you like you're trying to do to me. I'm only trying to help you, and it was you who was asking why you couldn't run at 3000. Ryzen 3000 series can handle 3000MHz like it's nothing and you're not overclocking your RAM if it's rated at the speed I'm telling you to use. The reason you can't go any higher is because the Infinity Fabric needs to be at a 1:1 ratio with your RAM which would be 1500MHz like I said. You don't need to fiddle with the timings or the speed manually, just set IF to 1500, set your XMP to the 3000MHz profile and save. If it doesn't boot simply reset the bios with the clear cmos jumper to the left of the bottom fan header and go back to your old settings and be done with it. Being an avid ASRock user I also know AM4 boards will automatically revert to safe settings after not posting a few times. This is exactly the same thing I did with my own RAM. Set IF to 1800MHz, set to the 3600MHz XMP and let it be. 3600 is as high as these chips will take without manually fiddling with things, 3000 is cake.

Another thing to note before doing any of this, is the manual and quick guide both state 3200 and 2933 rather than the common 3000. This could be because it might not have the proper divider to run 3000 and instead uses 2933 (being a 450 chipset). This could be the cause of your problem and if that's the case you'll need to settle on 2933 anyways.
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=...Manual/QIG/B450%20Steel%20Legend_multiQIG.pdf

For reference, my board says the same thing but I am able to run my Corsair LPX 3000 at 3000 by manually setting IF to 1500 which is a 1:1 ratio.

You can calm your tits or head to Reddit that'll do nothing more than belittle you like you're trying to do to me. I'm only trying to help you, and it was you who was asking why you couldn't run at 3000. Ryzen 3000 series can handle 3000MHz like it's nothing and you're not overclocking your RAM if it's rated at the speed I'm telling you to use. The reason you can't go any higher is because the Infinity Fabric needs to be at a 1:1 ratio with your RAM which would be 1500MHz like I said. You don't need to fiddle with the timings or the speed manually, just set IF to 1500, set your XMP to the 3000MHz profile and save. If it doesn't boot simply reset the bios with the clear cmos jumper to the left of the bottom fan header and go back to your old settings and be done with it. Being an avid ASRock user I also know AM4 boards will automatically revert to safe settings after not posting a few times. This is exactly the same thing I did with my own RAM. Set IF to 1800MHz, set to the 3600MHz XMP and let it be. 3600 is as high as these chips will take without manually fiddling with things, 3000 is cake.

Another thing to note before doing any of this, is the manual and quick guide both state 3200 and 2933 rather than the common 3000. This could be because it might not have the proper divider to run 3000 and instead uses 2933 (being a 450 chipset). This could be the cause of your problem and if that's the case you'll need to settle on 2933 anyways.
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=https://download.asrock.com/Manual/QIG/B450%20Steel%20Legend_multiQIG.pdf

For reference, my board says the same thing but I am able to run my Corsair LPX 3000 at 3000 by manually setting IF to 1500 which is a 1:1 ratio.
it didnt work mr genius so dont tell me thoses things again i want have my mind in peace which ram kit is the best for this i've

it didnt work mr genius so dont tell me thoses things again i want have my mind in peace which ram kit is the best for this i've
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=...Manual/QIG/B450%20Steel%20Legend_multiQIG.pdf
Maybe read.

Back
Top Bottom