Upgrade ram

Sateto2200

Solid State Member
Good evening, guys im planning to upgrade my ram g skill aegis which is for intel cpus i want to take a good kit for my ryzen 5 3600x which is the best for my asrock b450 steel legend? im asking because the web site where i went i didnt see something that goes beyond 3000mhz and some of those ram arent available for my country (sorry for my bad english)

Here is the supported memory list for your motherboard:
https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B450M Steel Legend/#MemoryMS

Hope that helps.
i have asrock b450 steel legend atx one not micro atx and yes i saw the the b450 steel legend atx one doesnt have ram that goes beyond 3000mhz except g skill which thoses marks arent available for my country pls i want an answer from someone who knows about i dont want waste any of my money

What's the question, you can use any up to 3200 MHz and 1.20 - 1.35V DDR4 Dual Channel Memory, but the question is - why You should? Do You still really have so slow and few RAM, that it restricts Your needs?
I join with previous post - first tell what You have.
It supports DDR4 3200/ 2933/ 2667/ 2400/ 2133 ECC & non-ECC, un-buffered memory.

That's not what I asked. What speed is your RAM rated for.
My ram is rated for 3000mhz but i searched that and i figured out thoses ram are for intel cpus because it says intel xmp profile

EDIT:
Which ram is best for r5 3600x and a asrock b450 steel legend? i've looked at it for a while but i cant say for sure if the asrock website has tested all ram compatibility pls i need a answer from someone who know what he's doing My current specs:
Cpu:amd ryzen 5 3600x
Mobo:Asrock b450 steel legend
Gpu:Asus geforce gtx 960 4gb oc turbo editio(i'll upgrade it sometime later)
Psu:Thermaltake 750w platinum
Ssd:Toshiba tr150 oz
hdd: western digital 5200rpm
ram:2x8 gskill aegis(which are incompatιble for my system,because i tried to do it with xmp profile and it didnt work and also i tried to do it manually but in the end it auto restarts it 30 minutes later....)

Last edited by a moderator:
XMP profiles will work on AMD as well, it's just nothing more than a guideline telling the bios "set timings this, set voltage this, set speed this". Now that we have that settled, set your XMP then change your infinity fabric clock to 1500 (ratio 1:1) and it should boot.

XMP profiles will work on AMD as well, it's just nothing more than a guideline telling the bios "set timings this, set voltage this, set speed this". Now that we have that settled, set your XMP then change your infinity fabric clock to 1500 (ratio 1:1) and it should boot.
why do i overclock something that i can not handle it? tell me mr genius i dont know it the timings is something that i can not risk at all because i have online classes and i use this computer for work so find something else to tell me

Back
Top Bottom