upgrade questions

BigLu

Daemon Poster
so, i was a wondering what would be my best options for upgrading my comp. I was thinking that i'm gonna keep my case, hard drive, cd and dvd drive and my memory. About my processor, i got to lookin and everyone was talking about the new conroes and that would mean that i would have to buy a new mobo as well. So i dunno about that, and upgrading to another single core proc makes no sense because the 3700+ doesn't perform any better than my proc cuz it's overclocked. The 3800+ X2 does about the same as my proc on single threaded apps so i was thinkin that if i do upgrade my proc that i would do it to a higher dual core amd and i'll see what the prices drop too. The mobo works fine so i dunno why i would upgrade that. The gpu i was thinkin of upgradin but i'm a little confused about that part, because i get around 120fps with HL2 and Counterstrike at 1280x1024 with all full effects and aa and af, and nobody believes me, kinda weird, but the other games don't play as well. If i were to upgrade i would prolly do a 7900gt. Comments please.

Well if your games are playing that well, no need to upgrade.

Maybe you could post screenshots of these games?

your computer right now should do pretty well with most games right now. i would hold off on the gpu upgrade until dx10 comes out if you plan to play games that come out after vista. and i would just stick to socket939 processors since if you get anything else like AM2 or conroe, you'll need to buy ddr2 memory.

Back
Top Bottom