Upgrade or not? PLEASE REPLY.

jim1

BSOD
im fed up with my freinds always upgrading their computers and making my computer sound like its not up to anything.
they all have p4s i think and they said that i need to get a new comp for the next generation of games.
Yeah maybe theyre right maybe i need a new graphics card and some more ram?
Here is my comp specs-
AMD Sempron 2800+ at 2.0 GHZ
512MB DDR RAM
120GB HARD DRIVE
64MB VIA UNICHROME GRAPHICS
DVD DRIVE
CD+DVD WRITER
WINDOWS XP HOME SP2

1.If you were me what upgrades would you do to my system if any?
2.and what do you think of my system?
Thankyou

If you upgrade your video card and add anouther stick of 512 ram you computer would be very nice! AMD's perform better than pentium cpu's so you 2800+ is fine!

yeah your comp looks pretty nice to me, Just a video card upgrade and you're fine... and go tell your friends with their fancy p4's that intel sucks... REAL computer users such as yourself use AMD processors!
;)

LOL IL ENJOY TELLING THEM THAT CRAZYMAN
anyone elses opinion on my comp?
Thanks for all replies.

All you really need is a new video card and your set with a nice computer. another 512mb of RAM would just be a bonus.

Erm if your reading this dude your comp is fine. 2.0 GHz is plently of power. And remember thats like 4.0 Ghz P4 :). When your friends say I GOT THE BIG GAMIING RIG OF ALL TIME WIHT MY P4 3.4 GHz yo can say well I got my AMD 2.0 with 64 bit support. Get a geforce 6600GT clock speed of about 500/1000 and you'll be able TO PLAY ANY GAME AT MAX for a while to come. O yea and a extra stick of 512 wouldn't hurt.

Dishdog said:
Maybe because of his post in this thread: http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?p=189414#post189414, or maybe multi acounts

it does seem like a lot of acounts tonight have bin banned. i wonder if one of the mods acount has bin hacked again? i don't know but i'm sure they have there reasons.
what is wrong with that post? he was expressing his personal opinion about moderators... he was even joking. last time I checked freedom of speech was allowed here.
Aparently there must be alot of people with multiple accounts because there is alot of people that seem to be getting banned at random. no explanation. no offesive posts.

Back
Top Bottom