upgrade for BF2

If you want to play BF2 even on decent settings you need to get at least a 6600GT. You arent going to be able to play it well with only 512mb of memory. Just go with what I said earlier that 6800 is like $190 that with some more memory you will be able to play it fine. It dosent say anything about your powersupply on hp's website but you will most likely need a new one.

EDIT: Heres a link for that card
- http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=1009366&sku=E145-6800

If you get this card you could get this powersupply
- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817182008

Well, I gave you some suggestions earlier on. Unless now you're thinking about building a new gaming machine? We can help you get that going as long as you provide the money :)

STeven159159 said:
any replies?

As it is said atleast 3 times in this thread,
Get more memory! (u have 512 so add another 512)
Get a new vid card! (prolly 6800 would be the best)
Get a new PSU! (something like 400W)

Sloth said:
That's okay, no need to go over a gig anyway... Really doubt you'll use more than a gig, so it'd just be a waste of money. :)

Yes, you'll need a gig to make everything run smoothly and reduce lag. 512MB is the minimum sys requirements and one gig is great for everything. Some software needs more than 512MB to run. Was it game? I forgot but I saw the requirements somewhere.

TRDCorolla said:
one gig is great for everything.

Actually FEAR has a recommendation of 2GB ddr400. But u should be able to play it well with 1GB too. I'm just so looking forward to FEAR, but I need to do some shopping before I can play it well.

Overall, our new standard for minimum RAM should be like 1GB. I remember the time when it use to be 32MB, but that was years and years ago. The good old days...

Now, software scripts are so demanding taking up so much system resources that a gig will do a good job. My next build will have 2GB just for bragging rights but honestly, I don't think I'll ever hit the 2GB mark though.

TRDCorolla said:
Overall, our new standard for minimum RAM should be like 1GB. I remember the time when it use to be 32MB, but that was years and years ago. The good old days...

Now, software scripts are so demanding taking up so much system resources that a gig will do a good job. My next build will have 2GB just for bragging rights but honestly, I don't think I'll ever hit the 2GB mark though.

Well I'm gonna buy new ram soon. And I'm prolly getting 2GB ddr2 400mhz (or faster). And then my computer will run so smoothly. And I can use it for bragging too. :)

daemon said:
Well I'm gonna buy new ram soon. And I'm prolly getting 2GB ddr2 400mhz (or faster). And then my computer will run so smoothly. And I can use it for bragging too. :)

hehe sounds like my clumsy friend that always wants more... when he tries to brag he's called a moron by my friends :D.

Back
Top Bottom