upgrade? (CRASHING)

reenigrl18

Solid State Member
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I need to do to fix my problem, either an upgrade or what-not; thanks.

Note: My computer was working fine before and I'm not exactly sure when it started crashing, but it did. (My Computer pauses my and I can't do anything about it besides clicking restart. When it pauses, I move my mouse side to side and I hear a long beeeeep from inside my tower which doesn't go away until I restart). Sometimes only my mouse pauses, if that has anything to do with it. It happens more then usual when I am playing Habbo at www.habbohut.com.au
If someone could tell me how to fix this problem I will be very thankful!

AMD XP 2600+
1.92 GHz,
256 MB of Ram
Windows XP Professional. 40 GB
NVIDIA GForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
Internet Explorer 6.0 & Mozilla Firefox
Service pack .2
Microsoft mouse

No. Only firefox but my computer crashes with internet explorer also/It happens alot when I play at habbohotel.com.au, is that more or less a graphics issue?

ok i took the side off my tower and put a bigger fan near it incase it was a overheating problem, took out my ram and put it back in and just now it has started doing it again.

ive tried to explain the problem, i could be on the internet and everything could be going fine but then everything freezes and i have to click the reset button. just now I had windows media player and msn and a forum opened and it froze up on me. I leave it for a little while to see if it un-freezes but it doesn't it just stays frozen,
I have tried all I know but I really am left with no idea as to why my computer keeps doing this unless my memory has some how gotten bodgey over the last 2 years?

I'd just reformat it.
This will most likely make it go away.

if it doesn't then something (maybe the psu?) has broken.
or u could 1st get another psu and try if it works with the other psu.

If it would be the ram then it would most likely give u the blue screen instead of just freezing.

oh, and is the vid card oc'd? If it is then change the clock speeds to the defaults, when I oc'd too high my screen started to freeze.

thank u for ur reply. hey how do i check if it is oc'd?

oh yeah and ive alread reinstalled xp about a month ago, it didn't change a thing :S

guys, just wondering if this is a hardware problem what would it probably be?

also

is there any program that i could download or buy to see which program is eating at my ram? maybe?
because when i press alt ctrl and delete and then click on the performance tab it says CPU usage %100

that would most likely be the cause of my crashing?
can anyone help plz

I had a similar pro before, but it happened when i already reinstalled windows. I just re reinstalled windows and the problem was solved.

One program that you can try once your problem is sorted out, is registry mechanic; this maintains your computer's performance and stability and cleans out your registry...good luck

reenigrl18 said:
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I need to do to fix my problem, either an upgrade or what-not; thanks.

Note: My computer was working fine before and I'm not exactly sure when it started crashing, but it did. (My Computer pauses my and I can't do anything about it besides clicking restart. When it pauses, I move my mouse side to side and I hear a long beeeeep from inside my tower which doesn't go away until I restart). Sometimes only my mouse pauses, if that has anything to do with it. It happens more then usual when I am playing Habbo at www.habbohut.com.au
If someone could tell me how to fix this problem I will be very thankful!

AMD XP 2600+
1.92 GHz,
256 MB of Ram
Windows XP Professional. 40 GB
NVIDIA GForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
Internet Explorer 6.0 & Mozilla Firefox
Service pack .2
Microsoft mouse

This sounds more like an overheating issue than anything. What is the temp on the processor? There are several free programs that will monitor the processor for heat issues. One is called Everest, which you can download the trial version from the Web site, and it will inform you of what your computer temps are. If it's not the temps, I see later where you say the CPU is pegged at 100%- this could be a virus/spyware issue of some sort. Do a virus/adware/spyware scan on your computer and make sure you are infection free. Format is the last resort, unless you don't mind backing up your data, and going through the install process again. You also may want to look into upgrading your RAM- you're border-line on the RAM.

Back
Top Bottom