Updating Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gscope

Baseband Member
I just recently reformated my computer about a week ago. So I went through the process of re installing and all that happy jazz. Well I forgot to update till now so I went ahead and ran the auto update.

The problem is... its not letting me update because "my copy of xp isnt genuine" but supposedly it was genuine before I re installed it. I need to install service pack 2 desperately in order for my Photoshop CS2 to not freeze when using it. Is there a way to manually install SP2 in my computer?

Unfortunately that SP2 install didnt work. It got to the end of the install process and said that it couldnt be completed because my cd key wasnt valid -_-

Help please :S

hmm thats where i got mine when i reformatted, google service pack 2, or call microsoft and yell at them for it saying ur copy isnt genuine

I seriously doubt microsoft will do anything. They will make me re buy Windows XP.

Very strange, ive just had to wipe my HDD and re install windows and service pack 2 installed fine, albet after ALOT of downloading other things first, took a while even with broadband!

seriously is you windows genuine if its not y9ou can say, we just cant post warez or serials but if it is service paack 2 is a bad idea, i am using a pirated windows and i havnt got SP2 becuase that came with the wholel anti piracy campaign so, eihter search for a crack, uninstall,format,buy new serial, or if you windows is truely genuine calling MS will help.

cloud said:
yeah if its truely genuine, MS will help

exactly.

download sp2. slipstream it in your xp cd with autostreamer (google the name). reinstall windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom