Updating some things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakesythe123

Solid State Member
Well, I have a 2 year old computer. I try to run CS source and World of Warcraft and other games, and they tend to lag a bit. Right now i've got (sorry if I butcher this, i'm not to computer literate) 512 mb RAM, nVidia GeForce4 MX graphics card, 160gb 7200 rpm hard drive, and a 3200+ AMD Athlon XP processor, and some other stuff that I'm not entirely sure what it is. I'm trying to update some things to make it faster. I was looking at a BFG GeForce 6200 /OC/256mb/DDR/AGP graphics card. And another stick of RAM. Now will that graphics card run on my computer, and if I add a stick of 512 mb RAM will it add on to my other 512 or take its place? If you need more about my computer ask me... I'm desperate here!

By the way I saw this too ----- PNY Verto GeForce 7600 GS 256MB DDR PCI Express Graphics Card --- for like 50 bucks cheaper. Would this be the better bet?

well what settings are you trying to run the games at?
dont expect high settings to come along with great performance.
And the 6200 is junk. Try getting a 6600GT.

also that 7600 would not run in your computer since your computer is AGP based and not PCI-E

it depends on your current configuration.

how many ram slots do you have? the 512mb ram that you currently have, is it one 512mb stick? or two 256mb sticks? if its just one, then you can add another stick of ram and total up 1gigabyte of ram. if your current setup is two 256mb ram, then it depends on how many ram slots you have, if you have 2, you'll have to take one out, if you have 4, then you can just add it on.

i'm pretty sure the video card you have is agp, so getting an agp card is whats needed.. but i recommend a better card..

perhaps one of the following: 6600gt, x1600pro, 6800, 6800xt, x800xl, x850xt

I'm not sure what a 6600GT is is this it? ----- PNY Verto GeForce 6600 256MB DDR AGP Graphics Card ----- If not, where can I find it? By the way, I have one stick of RAM I believe. I bought the computer and did nothing to it yet so what ever it came with...

jakesythe123 said:
I'm not sure what a 6600GT is is this it? ----- PNY Verto GeForce 6600 256MB DDR AGP Graphics Card ----- If not, where can I find it? By the way, I have one stick of RAM I believe. I bought the computer and did nothing to it yet so what ever it came with...
BTW people i'm on an extremely tight budget here. I don't have a job yet, so I have to babysit and mow lawns and stuff for cash...

work fine for CS:S i know.... But im not into those weird RPG's. So i cannot tell you how warcraft will run.

And for Bf2.... Don't expect it to run to well at high settings. BF2 is very demanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom