Updating iPhone

Legodude522

Daemon Poster
I've been researching but it might be easier to just ask here.

I having an iPhone 4s with iOS 5.1.1. I want to update to iOS 6.1.2. Apple wants me to update to iOS 6.1.3 but I do not want to. I like being able to jailbreak and I got apps in Cydia that I have purchased. Anyone know a way to update to 6.1.2 instead of 6.1.3?

Yes I think you can upgrade to 6.1.2, but you have to download the firmware version you want (it's about 900MB) specifically for iPhone 4s. After you download it, go to iTunes and connect your phone, then, while holding "SHIFT" on your keyboard, click on the restore button. You can then browse for the firmware file that you want to upgrade to.

BK is right, I can't. I can download the file but iTunes will not let me use it because it calls home to activate the install.

It looks like there is a 6.1.3 jailbreak already out there. Why not go ahead and update then jailbreak again?

Yeah there is no actually jailbreak, People have been working on them and some even saying that they are close to getting it right.

There is another tool you can use to push a specific update to it, let me see if I can track it down

I think you can use Tiny Umbrella, however it's been a while so I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom