*Updated* Laptop Graphics Cards Ranking List

Re: Laptop Graphics Cards Ranking List

http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/graphics-card-rankings-139202/

i was comparing a hd 3850 to the 9600 gt...why does this list put the 3850 so much higher, while that list given in the link shows it to be a bit lower?

Simply put, nVidia likes inflating their names on their GPU Rankings

Mobile GeForce GTX Graphics: Model Inflation Gone Awry : The All-New G92? - Review Tom's Hardware

Read that ^^

The HD 3850 Mobility blows the 9600m GT which is equivalent to a desktop 9500GT (which isn't that good) and the HD 3850 Mobility is close to equivalent to the Desktop HD 3850

o.o whoaaa that's sneaky!! never knew that hahaha good to know i got a reliable list now (hopefully it is unbiased? >>)
thanks!!

Nah, its from a list I found online.. I posted it here because most people wanted to know about it

And it is unbiased

Linky please. Thank would be extremely useful. Not just here, but in the gaming sub forum too.

What up Daniel!

Well you'd have to go through every GPU, because its on the individual summary on the cards. I can work on that if you need me too. :)

I think they based nVidia a bit hard, but I think some of it was a bit well-deserved, I think they should have based it off what it would perform on the desktop side instead of maliciously fooling people who wouldn't know better.

I think they based nVidia a bit hard, but I think some of it was a bit well-deserved, I think they should have based it off what it would perform on the desktop side instead of maliciously fooling people who wouldn't know better.

Not really, look up 4670 mobility, its between the 4650 and 4670. Seems fair to me. Same for the 4850 mobile, around 4830 performance.

Seems ATI is being the better man once again.

The HD 3850 Mobility blows the 9600m GT which is equivalent to a desktop 9500GT (which isn't that good) and the HD 3850 Mobility is close to equivalent to the Desktop HD 3850
However in nVidia's defence, the HD3850 came out later than the GeForce 9600

OMG. Disgusting!

GTX260M:

meh, its not that bad....they do imply its a mobile part which is more understandable, but yes they shouldint have called it the GTX 260m. But then again they had to because it beats the 9800m GS, which only has 64sp's.

And the 9800m GT has 96, while the desktop version has the 112.

Not really, look up 4670 mobility, its between the 4650 and 4670. Seems fair to me. Same for the 4850 mobile, around 4830 performance.

Seems ATI is being the better man once again.

ATI is doing a better job in the naming department, problen is nvidia is having a hard time fitting all the shaders in there since the dies are so freakin big. Theyve gotten up to 128sp's with the GTX 280m, which is basically a 9800GTX.

Im thinking ATI won this round with notebook graphics....still very happy with my lappy and the 260m...it has no trouble with any game ive thrown at it so far, and its better than a 9800GT due to the fact that its 55nm and has 1024mb of vram.

But they used the 260m/280m names to imply the two fastest nvidia notebook gpus, just like the 260/280 are the two fastest nvidia desktop cards. And everybody knows that laptops tend to be a generation or so behind the desktop counterpart.

Back
Top Bottom