Updated from 2Gb to 4Gb and Vista64 is only showing 3Gb

i am 100% positive its 64bit vista home premium. the memory is this, Mushikin XP4000 DDR500. instead of it running at DDR400 stock for my mobo it runs at DDR500. meaning i can overclock my cpu easily by just upping the HTT from 200 stock to 250 (DDR500 divided by 2 equals 250HTT, DDR400 divided by 2 is 200 HTT stock). its kinda cheating but you dont have to go into that whole memory divider thing. anyway ive found kind of solved the problem. there is a memory hole thing in my mobo bios that is disabled. when enabled that allows vista to reconigze that there is 4Gb. the only thing is that I dont think my mobo likes it as I get problems like the internet not connecting when its enabled. I think its somenthing to do with the cpu working on a 64bit problem but the rest of the mobos components is still 32bit based. i dunno i might skip over to the DFI street forums and ask them about it there as i think its soley my mobos problem.

ill be aiting for that extra 12Gb then gplpark92¬! it will make a nice xmas present

Back
Top Bottom