Update question

copiman

In Runtime
Lately I have been working on friends older PCs and laptops to get some hands on experience. These are ones they don't use anymore because they have newer ones. Most have not been updated in quite a while. Maybe a year sometimes. Therefor, when doing update, some install and some fail. If I do just a few at a time they seem to install ok.

My question is should the PC be able to install say, 70 updates in one shot? Does the amount of RAM have any effect on its ability to do all updates? Any input on this would be great, because I'm not sure.

They should be able to install that many update at one time but will take awhile, What OS are they running?

Thanks BK_132. You were once again right on the money. Went to the link you posted, loaded sp1 then sp2. After that all updates loaded with no problem regardless of how many there were. Just to be sure, if I have a ton of updates to do, would it be best to start with the SPs, then do the others?

Hey BikerEcho. Its not to bad considering ram and age. Not to mention Vista. I could max it out with another 512MB but that won't make much of a difference. Like my friend always says it is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom