Update on me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minimum wage is $7.25 ? Back in pre-recession days that was like £3.60, and your 30 something ? At that age over here minimum wage is £5.80. Seems to be quite a big difference, then again, $7.25 might go a bit further than it would over here, not to sure. Still sounds a bit poor though.
Yeah it is only $7.25 right now. It was only $6.55 last year and $5.85 in 2007. Last time it was updated before 2007 was in 1997 when it was $5.15. So i really wont complain as just a couple short years ago i would have been making over $2 less.

Source

So yeah while it isnt that much money, it is enough to get us out of this hole. With this past check we already ahve our car payment for January which will give us extra cash come then, my next check can be put toward the credit cards and get those balances down. So come tax time when we get our money back, we are not putting all of it toward credit cards and can actually do something with it. Like get a 2nd vehicle so we can both have one when we go to work.

It isnt much but it is enough to stop us from having to rely on credit cards if the need comes for something. Like some extra food, gas for the car, clothes for the child or maybe even a new toy. Heck i might even be able to finally get that XBOX Gold membership.:angry:

Congrats man! You seem to stay optimistic, which is a huge plus! I never even knew you were out of work until a few months ago...because you didn't complain about it. One thing that I learned a while back is to work to learn, not for money. It has gotten me to where I am in my career in a job I love. No amount of money can satisfy a job that is just plain miserable. The other part to that is to enjoy what you have when you have it, even if it isn't ideal. A positive attitude can carry a person a long way. Who knows...you might end up fixing a computer here or there and then become an admin then become the CIO of Sears :thumbsup:

If the Mak is happy I am happy well for the most part but this deserves the opening of a bottle or 3 in the mods area.

Hey max seriously Alex is a honorary member of the Chadwick Clan and all the mods on here are like fammily to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom