unusually low fps? wth

terrelljames91

Baseband Member
ok, so i know league of legends is in no way a Benchmark, or anything, but this is just a problem thats been bugging me
on my old rig:
P5NT delux
Q6600@2.4Ghz
4gigs OCZ Reaper DDR2
GTX460 768mb edition,
coolpower 880watt PSU

i used to pull 80-110 FPS

now on my new rig
Asrock 990fx
FX8150@4.2Ghz
8gigs corsiar vengance DDR3
HD6950(fully flashed and OC to a 6970)
Kentak 850watt PSU

im only seeing 60-80ish FPS at the most

now, my current rig seems to be like 2-3x more powerful then my old.....so why the drop in FPS?

like i said, i know this is a stupid question, but my OCD, its bothering me :hide: help

Do you have an fps restriction on your game some games have it I dont know about that game I have never played it

Make sure your fan speeds are kicking in when you start the game.

Any game I play I always use msi afterburner and tweak my fan speeds to 70% so it doesn't heat my gpu which will result in low fps and slow game rates.

My fan speed is manually set to 50%, and my GPU runs about 50-55° with my CPU running about 45°… so I don't believe temps are the issue, the restrictor is set to higest limit, and vsynch was turned off while I was testing, but I normally play with it on,

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

My friend with a phenom x4 and a gtx 660, can pull about 120 fps, and looking at reviews my CPU/GPU are both a tiny bit better performers

Back
Top Bottom