Unstable Overclock - Please assist

Paddymofoz

Solid State Member
I recently purchased an overclocked system from overclockers.co.uk and when it arrived, overclocked from 3.4 to 4.4ghz, it was extremely unstable. I had to reset the overclock back to default before being able to keep the system from blue screening. I rang to express how angry I was after it being apparently 8 hours stress tested and the agent on the phone told me that it could even be my power socket at home (which is absolute nonsense, there was no issue with power as when i reset the over clock it was stable and running fine. (obviously voltage settings to the over clock is not what im talking about here.) So tell me, is there ANY truth to this or did this guy just lie to me to get rid of me? tHANKS

A lot of the time the people you contact on the phone don't really know a whole lot about the products they sell. I had the same problem with my university refusing to answer an I.T. question (I'm going to school there for I.T. so you'd think they'd be able to answer the question but I had to ask PP Mcguire on this forum instead).

If you've got bad electrical work it can most certainly affect the stability of a system but that is most likely not what's going on for you. Without knowing more about the system I can't really advise you further.

This is what my recommendation is:
1. Take a screenshot of CPU-Z and HWMonitor (at least the cpu and motherboard and SPD tab in CPU-Z).
2. Post it here as a reply to your thread as well as any other information you can provide about the system.

With the information in CPUz and HWmonitor we can more accurately assist you.
Voltage increase actually increases system stability most of the time but DO NOT play around with anything you don't understand without asking here first because without prior overclocking knowledge and a firm understanding of what exactly you're changing you could damage your system.

This is why you don't buy pre-built and why we said before not to buy a pre-built. Simple as that.

If the system is fine stock then leave it at stock or complain and refurbish the system if they let you.

Back
Top Bottom