United Kingdom Vs Britain Vs England

ssc456

Fully Optimized
right i just got in an arguement with my brother when i asked him if he will be watching the F1 and he said no and i said why not are u not going to support lewis hamilton to bring the championship to england.

and he said no he will bring it back to the united kingdom and i simply said what country do you live in he said united kingdom and i said dont be stupid you live in england.

now this is my question for all you that live in machester, londong, birmingham , milton keynes etc anywhere in england what country do you live in ?

same for people anywhere in scotland like glasgow ? do you live in scotland or united kingdom etc.

I'm not from there, but UK, Britain, and England are the same from my understanding.

wikipedia said:
The United Kingdom is a parliamentary democracy and a constitutional monarchy comprising four constituent countries — England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales — with Elizabeth II as head of state, who is also head of state of the Commonwealth realms

see now?

england is a county just like scotland or wales.
England, Scotland and Wales form Great Britain, Great Britain is a part of the United kindom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
coming from London , you would live in England, Great Britain and also the United Kingdom :)

then we could upscale this to the European Union.....

We don't have a British passport either, its a Passport of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (which also has European Union stamped on the cover!)

confused? i am :)
thats why i started using my new french passport, a scottish accent travelling under a Frog passport really confuses immagration :)

the united kingdom is
great britain-- which is england scotland and wales
and northern ireland ,
i live in england which is in great britain which is in the untied kingdom , so when people ask i usualy say the UK or england either one it dosent realy bother me

england is a county just like scotland or wales.
England, Scotland and Wales form Great Britain, Great Britain is a part of the United kindom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
coming from London , you would live in England, Great Britain and also the United Kingdom :)

then we could upscale this to the European Union.....

We don't have a British passport either, its a Passport of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (which also has European Union stamped on the cover!)

That pretty much sums it up

I'm British. unless it's sporting, then I'm English.

with the exception of F1, it's the British grand prix at Silverstone, and British drivers, bringing the drivers championship to Britain, not just england or Scotland.

rugby football etc I'm england supporter, then a Britain supporter (assuming the English team gets knocked out)

yes but what bugs my is in questionaires and stuff it says what country are you from and there is never england it is always UK.

UK isnt a country its a group of countries it jus bugs me.

we might aswell give up the UK aswell and when some1 askes where i from jus say europe

Back
Top Bottom