Uninstalling fedora 10

a1sporty15

In Runtime
Hi I have fedora 10 and I would like to unistall it. Problem is I don't know how. I don't want to just stick my windows xp cd in and format my whole drive and then just install. i already have a partition set up for xp (dual booting) and a partition for my back up files. So I guess all Im really asking is how can i delete the partition that my fedora is on without hurting my other files?
Thanks in advance.

also!

Im looking to test out the debain distro
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/4.0_r5/i386/iso-cd/

do i really need all 21 iso files or if i just download one and burn it onto a cd it will work normally. also im working how big should each distro be like. debian could be around 700 mbs and slackware could be 4.4 gb's or are they all generally the same size!! thanks for your help its greatly appreciated!

Hi,

Here is what I would recommend that you burn the images to a cd, and then start the install process as you did with Fedora. At some point in the install you will be asked to choose where you want debian to be installed. I would choose to write over any existing linux partition.

Just out of curiosity, can I ask why you are getting rid of Fedora? I might be able to help you with some of your issues if you give me an idea of your problems.

Cheers!

Well unlike ubuntu, on fedora you have to download all your updates for your video card etc and also when i tried to play music i had to download a codec. THeres nothing wrong except i just want to experiment with the different types of distro's :D

Also do you see here
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/4.0_r5/i386/iso-cd/
do i need to download all .21 iso files? or can i just download like cd1.iso and just burn

Ok, well I am glad that there isn't anything that is wrong with it. I definitely recommend that you try different distros. I might recommend takeing a look at SUSE, too. It runs the same but is still different enough.

I would recommend that you take a look at this, it should give you some more help. I don't think that you should need to burn all 21 disks, that is a little excessive.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom