uninstall IE7

Status
Not open for further replies.

arigmatic

Solid State Member
i downloaded IE7 Beta 3, and when i try to install it, it says i must first uninstall IE from my computer. I go into add/remove programs, but its not there. How else do i uninstall it?

I am guessing that you have IE7 Beta 2 installed. Open Add/remove apps. There is a check box for show updates. check that and IE7 Beta 2 should be shown in there then.

Are you running IE7Beta 2?

Did you check at the Bottom toward where there are teh Windows applications?

post a screen shot

or

go to start run and type :

C:\windows\$ntuninstallie7beta2$\spuninst\spuninst.exe

click ok

this should remove ie7 and restore ie6

Warez Monster said:
post a screen shot

or

go to start run and type :

C:\windows\$ntuninstallie7beta2$\spuninst\spuninst.exe

click ok

this should remove ie7 and restore ie6

Sorry this is not hijacking...:) ...real quick question for the boss Warez... sometimes you won't be able to uninstall programs, so you have find another way to remove it...would you be able to tell me other ways to do so? and yea...how did you know that is the right command to uninstall ie7?...If I want to know that where can I find it?

thanks a million ;)

Most of the time there are uninstallers included with installed applications. If you dont find it via the Add/Remove applications then go to where the application is installed. Most likely C:\Program Files and look for the folder containing the application. In the folder you should see an uninstaller in there. run that and it should remove the application for you.

Hope that gives you a bit more info ToroMan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom