Unfortunate situation, New Plans

SirVal

In Runtime
I was 2 weeks from ordering my top spec gaming PC as a few of you folks who helped me out may know, and disaster has struck, I'm not going to explain as this is neither the time or the place to do so.
Anyway, had to vastly reconsider the situation and here's the new set of specs i'm going for, much less than what I was going to get but hey life ain't always cherry is it.

AMD 64 3000+ 939 pin
SLi mobo, Deciding over 2 doesn't matter which yet
1 x Geforce 6800GT
80GB Hdd from seagate
1024 mb RAM

I want to run battlefield 2 at pretty good settings and would have been able to do it pretty much 100% on the old planned pc but this one aint too bad, just not amazing.
Comes to around £670 this time.
Opinions welcome as ever.

Val

ok if its a winnie core you'll hit 2.4ghz no problem, vinnie too. SLI board..lemme guess ASUS or NEO 4 Platinum SLI?. go with the NEO 4. man its still gunna be an awesome system so dont feel so bad

Cheers money man much appreciated and I mean that.
Problem is at the moment it's only the ASUS available to me, but i'm going to see what comes along.
Oh and yeah its the winnie core I checked that out, although I don't even know how to overclock, I'm sure I can find out.

EDIT: What do you reckon to getting a normal board (Not SLi) and just getting one ATI X800XL and then getting the new ATI card when it comes out? It would be the better option for me right now.

well if u get a half descent single card board....say ABIT or soemthing then that would be pretty good, take the ASUS btw if teh neo 4's arent in. i thought u could choose which one. yea ATI isnt a bad company and the X800 series is amazing. it'll stil play games fine i dont think as good as a 6800gt but who cares, i mean when money's tight u cant just splurge on anything u want. it'll still play BF2 no problem, im playing it and having fun and i only got a 6600gt

The reason I can't choose which one is cause i'm going through a company who assembles for you, as i've damaged my hand I cant do fiddley jobs for quite some time and so I don't have a choice, the prices are great though.
So yeah I'll get a none SLi board and then upgrade from then on, as its 939 socket I'll be able to upgrade proccessors in the future if needed and there'll always be PCI slots for the new ATI cards.
Thanks for your help bro.

Back
Top Bottom