Unclear about future career

praveenkumar.p

Baseband Member
Hi,

I have just started my college - Under graduate course - Computer Science Engineering. (Anna University syllabus, Tamil Nadu, India)

I have just started learning C, C++, Java and its a 4 year course. As I look upon my seniors and the real CSE field out there I get a feeling that there is a ton of stuff out there and it makes me feel timid.

Can you guide me regarding how I should look upon my current course and continue build a strong foundation.

Thanks.

Build a broad base in your education, and that will help get into an initial-entry position somewhere.

Once you have a job, then you can work toward a certain goal or set of goals either at your current employer or somewhere else.

If you can, take a sandwich year - spend a year in industry as part of your course, it'll give you invaluable experience and give you a foot up when you leave against others.

Apart from that, the usual applies about taking it seriously and striving for good grades. Take modules you deem to be relevant and make sure you keep practising things such as coding throughout your degree, even if you may go through some modules that don't require any. Joining an open source project can really help here.

Then when you're done, work on your CV, make it stand out and go for career paths you feel you're good at and you'll enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom