Unbunti 12.04 Users

Moren0

Baseband Member
What's good world? Anybody here an Ubuntu user? Have you encounter the error unable to write bytes broken pipes, at start up. Any help is much appreciated.

Yes it is I switch from windows 7 trial to Ubuntu 12.04 after having some problems trying to install some printer and graphics drivers the error stArted, every time I boot up the message "unable to write binary broken pipes" can you help me or give some tip on how I can figure out the problem?
Thanks your help is much appreciated.

So what you are saying is it used to boot fine, until you installed your graphics drivers or printer drivers? If that is the case reboot go to recovery mode go to root shell and uninstall what you installed.

Yeah soon after this error started happening, but the graphics driver never install, I did manage to install the printer drivers. Is their a command I can run to check if something is not install correctly or if I install something not necessary?

Where would you run that command from? Does the computer hang or does it drop you off at a prompt? If it drops you off at a prompt try typing startx or sudo startx

I would run it from terminal, and the computer boots up fine into the log in menu everything runs but it just happens at start up before the log in menu, the computer flashes before that. I'll try the command you told me and let you know what happens.

I can see the computer didn't stop at a prompt.
The command particleman suggested is to run the visual UI. I can see it's already running so the command wont do you any good.

Back
Top Bottom