Unable to unhide partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfredCubicleX

Beta member
Hello, i've just installed a new maxtor 200gb hard drive and now suddenly one of my old partitions has become hidden. I'm not sure exactly when this happened, but it was either when I installed WinXP on the new harddrive and then formatted it with Partition Magic, or when I used BootMagic. Either way, suddenly, my I:\ drive is hidden and everytime I try to unhide it with Partition Magic, I reboot only to find that it is still hidden. I have no idea why this is happening and am quite frustrated after an hour of googling with no avail. The details of my computer are as follows:
Harddrive1: 160gb;
Partition 1: WinXP ( C:\ ) - NTFS - Active - Primary
Partition 2: FedoraCore4 ( ) - Linux Ext3 - None - Primary
Partition 3: - ( I:\ ) - Fat32 - Hidden - Primary
Harddrive2: 200gb
Partition 1: - ( G:\ ) - NTFS - None - Primary
Partition 2: - Unallocated - None - Primary

Do I have too many Primary partitions? I read that it was 4 per drive, but this is split over 2 drives. So, there should be no problem..

Check control panel/administrative tools/computer managment/disk management to see if the partition is listed there as healthy (unknown partition). Right click and give it a drive letter.

Not really, the partition is still hidden. I ended up using a program ( i think it was partition magic ) to copy the files (partition magic was able to see the files but windows couldn't) to my new harddrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom