Unable to transfer files properly between redmi note 4 and PC.

rupeshforu3

Baseband Member
Hi I am Rupesh from India and I have a PC and redmi note 4 with 64 GB internal storage. I want to transfer files between redmi note 4 and PC but can't. I am getting a number of errors while transferring in various situations.

I have a folder in external SD card which contains 500 mp3 files of size 2.5 GB. I have tried to move these files to a folder in PC and unfortunately 150 files are transferred properly with correct size and remaining 350 files are copied with zero size for all files. Finally I have lost 350 files in SD card so I have tried to recover using data recovery software in redmi note 4 itself but failed. In order to transfer these files I have compressed them after that copied the resulted zip file to PC and succeeded.

I have three text files in a folder of PC. First I have selected these three text files and selected copy option after that I have connected the phone to PC and selected transfer files option after that in internal storage I have made right click and I can't find paste option and even I have pressed Ctrl+v and no use. I have tried to copy these text files to lenovo a3000 internal storage which is connected as USB storage and successfully completed.

Previously I have tried to copy 2000 mp3 files of size 9 GB and unfortunately 1500 files are copied and remaining left un copied.

Suppose if I want to copy a folder containing 1000 files from PC to redmi note 4 and the phone already contains 500 files. I want to copy remaining 500 files and skip already existing files. I have tried copy and paste and it asked confirmation to replace existing files or not and I have selected no and after that the paste process is taking lot of time. If I try to copy these 1000 files to an empty folder of phone storage the paste process is taking less time than above.

I have used a number of android phones and tabs and all of them have an option to mount storage as USB storage in PC but redmi note 4 doesn't. Can anyone of you suggest how to mount internal storage or external SD card as USB storage. Is there any android app which allows mounting as USB storage.

My PC runs Windows 8.1 pro and my phone runs MIUI 9.

Is there any PC companion suite specifically for redmi note 4 which allows transferring files between redmi note 4 and PC with minimum errors.

Regards,
Rupesh.

In you situation, maybe you can try Coolmuster Android Assistant tool to help you transfer files between redmi note 4 and pc via usb cable. Just connect it to computer via usb cable, open the tool. All files will be displayed on program window, just choose files you want to transfer.

Back
Top Bottom