Unable to query Host name

Odds are against this one, but I have seen it make a difference: Have you tried a new internet cable?

Also, how is her computer connected to the internet? Is it connected to a router and or a Cable/DSL modem? Make sure power to both of those are on (if they exist at her house). If she is connected to a router, try plugging into a different switch on the router. Also (still if she's on a router) can other computers connect to the internet?

id draw a map of the infrastructure but yer im not good at art :p
its a dsl modem, connecting to a router and i have tried a different cable and different port on the router, also i am on the second computer in the house this very instant, so that shuld explain that it works lol
im clueless, and i work at a coputer repair shop, neva seen this, (seen like it, but neva exact problem)

Sounds like it could be a dead network card then, that is really the only thing left.

Before we go that route though, try going into safe mode with networking, that way we can virtually guarantee a software conflict is not the problem.

neva thought of that, lol thanks, also the 1394 connection does the same thing so wouldnt that rule out network card?

Lol For the the 1394 connection is always connected.... Even when my computers are not connected to a network. It might rule it out, but I really don't know.

You said you work in a PC shop correct? With where I work, I can bring in my computer to throw in a part to test things, are you able to do that where you work? That way, if all else fails you could bring the computer into your work and give a new card a test before you buy one.

Safe mode didnt do a thing grrr :mad:
yes i can, cause im good friends with ma boss, i have anetwork card at home anyway, i mite try that

trying network card just gote thrown out the window :p cause its under warranty, and i dont want to void it

:p Yeah, don't do that. Have you tried an external NIC? That should do the trick on narrowing down that issue, if you have one to begin with.

:p Yeah, don't do that. Have you tried an external NIC? That should do the trick on narrowing down that issue, if you have one to begin with.

Never even though of that myself. I was about to say he was outta luck then.

Back
Top Bottom