Unable to load XP Pro due to stop/error messege

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Guys, you were totally on target! I sure owe you! XP Pro loaded just fine and now I am so happy!

I just wish there was something I could do to bless you too.

Thanks again for helping me in a way I could have NEVER figured out myself.

I appreciate you!

Smiling Freddy!
Congrats. Glad it worked and you are on your new system. :D

Maybe I'm as stupid as I sound.. but doesn't Windows Discs have a maximum time you can install?
Like you can only install on 3 systems or something? (?)
Sorry if its a stupid question :p
There is a limit for activations yes. but as far as the CD goes no. The Activation thing can be gotten around with a phone call to Microsoft and a good answer to some questions. But the CD's themselves are always good. I ahve a XP CD from 2001 that i still use today after about 2,000 installs. Still works just like it did on day 1.;)

How many times can I use my XP Pro disc to install operation systems?

Mak,

Thanks for that info on the install disc. I had the same exact concern. Can you tell me anymore about it? [I had to read some numbers to an automated operator and then she gave me some numbers to place in the boxes and then my OS was accepted and is operating.

I have used this disc 5-6 times since 2002. Do you think I may have trouble if I do it again?

And how can I answer their questions if they ask me about it?

Freddy

Well considering that those topics are against the rules i cant quite answer them as they are considered illegal. But i can say this.

The activation is the amount of times you can activate Windows. With a OEM XP disc it is usually 3 times. Which means you can technically use it with 3 different machines as long as you "deactivate" the old one.

Once you hit that limit you are supposed to buy a new copy of XP. Plus according to the rules of Microsoft and the EULA that you agree to upon install you are supposed to buy a new license for every machine you have.

Now i know that is insane. I know the tricks. I will say that using the XP disc on more than 1 machine is fine. Most of the time if you tell them you had a hard disk failure you will be fine. But that is the most i can say. Technically you are supposed to buy a new version of XP or Vista with each new machine you build or buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom