Unable to create New partition for Unallocated Space

I did that and got the same error.

"windows detected that the efi system partition was formatted as ntfs. format the efi system partition as fat32."

So far I've tried reformatting the 40gb partition as NTFS, I get "windows detected that the efi system partition was formatted as ntfs. format the efi system partition as fat32."
Then I tried reformatting the partition as FAT32, I get the error that I need to format the disk as NTFS to install Windows.

I'm currently in a loop here.

format "all" the partitions you see , not just the 1 partition you want to use.
Please provide screenshots of each step you take, if you do it correctly, you should have the entire disk in windows setup unallocated.

it will create all the partitions needed.

should not need to use 3rd party tools to zero, that is what formatting does but just once (lazy)

format "all" the partitions you see , not just the 1 partition you want to use.
Please provide screenshots of each step you take, if you do it correctly, you should have the entire disk in windows setup unallocated.

it will create all the partitions needed.

should not need to use 3rd party tools to zero, that is what formatting does but just once (lazy)

Formatting doesn't write 0's to the drive - it usually just breaks the partition table, and marks sectors as writable (in regards to HDD's and/or normal formatting at least). This is why after formatting a drive, you can usually recover, as long as you don't write anything else to the drive.

Formatting doesn't write 0's to the drive - it usually just breaks the partition table, and marks sectors as writable (in regards to HDD's and/or normal formatting at least). This is why after formatting a drive, you can usually recover, as long as you don't write anything else to the drive.

That s called a quick format.

Back
Top Bottom