Um... Splinters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about this soak your hand in warm water for ages till the skin is pruned then get somthing an see if you can scrape the top layers of skin off - it might sound painful but you would be better doing that than letting your hand turn into one nice infected mass.

This trick has worked for me in the past. Take some Elmer's glue and spread over the splinter. Let it dry completely, then peel the glue off your skin in the direction that you would pull the splinter out if you could grab it. The splinter stays attached to the glue. Probably won't work since it has been a couple days, but if done right away it works great. One note however, there must be a tiny bit sticking up for the glue to get hold of or you have to use a needle to open the hole and let the glue in.

I've been removing a few a day... some have come out on their own so I guess my body is strong enough to fend off infection! :D

Some of the smaller ones seem to be pushing out of the skin themselves, so even if they are covered today, they might not be tomorrow! lol

My finger is numb though... (at the joint where there are like 4 splinters)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom