Um....Overclocking my *laughs* P2 233mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

Baseband Member
Well, by reading the title you know that my comp sux. I've actually done almost everything before but overclocking, and i havnt got the slightest idea how....anyone mind explaining it to me?

Well, with a computer that old, your probably gonna have to rely on jumpers on the motherboard. Consult the mobo manual for the locations of the Multiplier and Bus jumpers, then move the bus up slowly. Id imagine you could get atleast 300Mhz without any problems.

I got this problem too....
I got a Celeron 433 MHz and its on a slot 1...tried the jumpers on the board but the freq doesn't change at all and my MOBO hasnt got any multipliers and stuff like that..

Bit of a problem, turns out i was thinking of anothr computer :p my mobo doesn't have jumpers..it has 4 switches....which specify what speed processor you have in....So i set it to 266mhz just to see what happened. And i turned it on and all, and nothing comes up on the monitor....so i change it back to 233...and its fine....then i change it to 300mhz, and nothing on the screen again...i went on trying all of the other switches.....theonly one that shows up on the monitor is if its set up on 233mhz like it was originally...could there be some kinda safeguard type thing to stop people from overclocking? if so how the crap do i get by it cuz its stupid and i wanna overclock to atleast 300mhz.....

BTW: its a SLOT 1 Pentium II 233Mhz With MMX Technology....and the mobo is: GA-686BLX, PCI-ISA BUS (PENTIUM II PROCESSOR MAINBOARD)

Zagadka said:
I got this problem too....
I got a Celeron 433 MHz and its on a slot 1...tried the jumpers on the board but the freq doesn't change at all and my MOBO hasnt got any multipliers and stuff like that..

Them can be multiplier-locked, which means reliance on FSB adjustments.

i looked in the BIOS and i saw nothing about adjusting the multipliers.....and dont see but like 2 jumpers on my mobo.

As Kevin said its a slot 1 mobo and i tried those settings too ...well if it is multiplier locked then how do i do it...i guess thats the same problem with Kevin :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom