Ultimate gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

24giovanni

Banned
I would like to get opinions from the gamers out here. I would like to to build an ultimate gaming machine from scratch. Could I get some opinions on what you guys/gals think would be the best processor, Motherboard, RAM, HD, Peripherals (Video Card, Sound Card, Ethernet Card, etc), Case, Fan, etc. I'd like to spend around $1000 tops. I appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

NathanM

Daemon Poster
Remember to use the edit function instead of double posting. And there's no "Ultimate Gaming PC" that costs $1000. That qualifies for a mid-range gaming PC. There's many recent builds on this forum that fit that criteria that you could check out. The usual key components of a $1000 build are an nVidia 7600GT, 1GB of RAM (possibly 2), a 500-600W PSU, and if you want to take the AMD 939skt route, an Athlon 64 3500-3800+, or X2 3800 for dual core, or the Opteron 165 for the cache and overclocking fans. For motherboard, the MSI K8N Neo4-F, ASUS A8N, and DFI LanParty are popular choices.

Spartan

Daemon Poster
When are you planning on building this computer, because that can affect your system greatly, price and performance-wise.

Spartan

Daemon Poster
Oh, ok. I was just wondering, becuase if you were going to do it this summer, Conroe or AM2 might have been an option

Thresh

Desktop Engineer
Go with 2 GB of Corsair XMS RAM (PC2 if you can afford it) x2 1GB sticks. AMD X2 Processor, speed permitting how much cash you have left. Go with a Geforce 7 series card but try and get 512MB - 256 is borderline right now for good performance with the latest games. Just go to newegg.com and get the highest scoring Asus mobo with the features you want / need.

Spartan

Daemon Poster
Thresh said:
Go with 2 GB of Corsair XMS RAM (PC2 if you can afford it) x2 1GB sticks. AMD X2 Processor, speed permitting how much cash you have left. Go with a Geforce 7 series card but try and get 512MB - 256 is borderline right now for good performance with the latest games. Just go to newegg.com and get the highest scoring Asus mobo with the features you want / need.

I don't know if $1000 are going to cover all of his expenses if he buys all of that and everything else he needs

cwiz

MechEng Extraordinaire
My build in my signature was $1550 without the monitor, it sheds today's games. u can down grade the video card to like 7600GT as recommended by NathanM and maybe 1/2 the ram. that would get you around 1000

oh, yeah, u might not need 2 high end HD's... maybe just one 100Gb or somethign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom