UK Trials Worlds Fastest Fiber

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I can say Page Ranking***... i get in trouble for talking like a sailor on here.

Okay, still confused :p

Yamikotai, for virgin to even think about trialing it in your area you will need Virgin Media fiber 50mb service available. I think they will choose london areas though, where the fiber optic infrastructure is at it's largest - and thus cheepest for them.

200mb is getting a bit absurd though for this point in time, how many servers do you know that would let hundreds of people download at 20mb/s ? I don't know any. Most servers could let about 20 people download at that speed IF they are on fast connections like gaming websites, gamershell + fileplanet etc.

But servers like that have 1000's of people downloading at once.

Okay, still confused :p

Yamikotai, for virgin to even think about trialing it in your area you will need Virgin Media fiber 50mb service available. I think they will choose london areas though, where the fiber optic infrastructure is at it's largest - and thus cheepest for them.

200mb is getting a bit absurd though for this point in time, how many servers do you know that would let hundreds of people download at 20mb/s ? I don't know any. Most servers could let about 20 people download at that speed IF they are on fast connections like gaming websites, gamershell + fileplanet etc.

But servers like that have 1000's of people downloading at once.

Not only that, but to take full advantage of the connection the servers will need to be on a pipe just as fast, and everything in between needs to be as fast. So essentially, the only servers that the people with 200 meg fiber can access are server that are in the same small area geographically.

You really wont see the benefits of 200meg internet until everyone is on 200 meg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom