Ugh, I am so tired right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebleakness

Banned
I raced my first off-road motorcycle race today. It's called the Coyote Classic, The war at 4 http://www.amraracing.com/waratfour.php. 40 miles of single track with cactus on both sides, ultra steep hills and 4 foot ditches that you had to jump. Never have I done anything quite that hard. It took me rougly 3 hours to traverse the whole course. Considering many people didn't finish I think I did quite well.

I'm always that told that I am a lazy person to have to get on a dirtbike instead of a mountain bike. They are totally different. Being on a bike with 30hp just waiting for a twist of throttle and then having to literally throw the bike around under your feet while not crashing is tough. Its a full body work out that many people I have talked to dont realize the effort and difficulty of it, these were trails that no mountain bike could ever cross, no matter the skill of the rider. I just get tired of hearing people say that riding a motorcycle is easy and anyone could do it.

I'm not saying I'm good because I'm not. I managed to finish and actually beat someone. Muscles are sore that I didnt know existed. My neck looks like I was attacked by Edward Scissor Hands because the low lying bushes ripped at the open skin.

Oh how I cant wait to get to sleep tonight. Tomorrow wont be too much fun though when the soreness really sets in. :p

Sounds awesome. And yeah, I hate it when people think dirtbiking is easy. It's not just jumping around on a mountain bike you have to control it too.

Motocross is the most physically demanding sport there is.

You need to be in excellent shape to be able to do two 45 minute moto's or else your going to eventually crash due to tiredness...

Sounds like fun :D

How did your bike run? Any Problems?

You're going to be really sore tomorrow that's for sure :D

When i was younger i used to do a couple hare scramble's and they were pretty hard on your body,Going thru ravine's and crap and having to pull your bike under or over log's since you weren't allowed out of a certain line :angry:

All in all it was pretty fun but darn you sure paid the price for doing it :p

I havent raced Hare scrambles yet but I would like to and am looking forward to trying them out.

It's tons of fun and I am paying the price for it right now. Sore muscles all over and the inside of my knee is black and blue from one of the crashes up a steep rocky hill. I managed to crack my knee pad in half, I dont want to think about what would have happened had I not had that on.

There is a race on January 6th called the Kilauea Krusher 2. Friends of mine are trying to get me to do it but I am hesitant. I was reading about last years race and the damages riders came back with. I dont think destroying your clutch over and having your clutch basket come out in parts is something I want to deal with. ;)

Anthrax, I dont think motocross is the hardest sport but it's definatly up there. Have you ever seen some of the enduro races? Check out the erzberg enduro. That's a race even Pastrana couldnt win.

Ok not the most, but it's up there. By far.

EDIT: did some google research.

Motocross is rated the worlds second most phyically demanding sport in the world below professional mens soccer.

Pro mens soccer? I can see where that could be so.

Did you check out the Erzberg Enduro? 1500 riders start and usually less than 30 finish the race. 35km of pure [snipped] They stuff they have to do is insane.

thebleakness said:
Pro mens soccer? I can see where that could be so.

Did you check out the Erzberg Enduro? 1500 riders start and usually less than 30 finish the race. 35km of pure he1l. They stuff they have to do is insane.

wow.

Talk about arm pump...

No Kidding. Some of the guys I ride with say that they are going to try it before they get too old. They know they wont win but they just want to say they attempted it.

1 guy in particular is a bronze medalist in the 2004 ISDE in Poland. He said it was the hardest thing he has ever done in his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom