Ubuntu

MetalOverlord76

Daemon Poster
Well... Finally dual-booted Windows 7 and Ubuntu. I would like to figure out how I am able to connect online with it though, since my USB internet connector appears to be offline. I am using the Linksys Cisco Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter
model: WUSB54GC
I was wondering what I could be able to do to establish wireless connection on Ubuntu to my modem. It is already working for Windows 7.

Do you see the internet button on the right side of the top panel (by default)? Click on that and it should detect available internet connections including Ethernet. If not, please explain the problem more.

Manufacturer is not what we need to know, it's the chipset used which is a Ralink RT2501.

Which version of Ubuntu are you using. I tried 10.04 RC and it wouldn't even work with my Ralink and Realtek wireless adapters. Earlier version of Ubuntu worked.

Psst, try Fedora ;)

Did you know that Ubuntu does not detect dial-up connections? That feature is separate, and here's the best part: To get it you need open the Software Center, and ooh, guess what?! YOU NEED AN INTERNET CONNECTION. Great, just great. You're stuck, unless you can install Ubuntu on a computer with cable or DSL.

Back
Top Bottom