U.S Gas Shortages?

Ahyoka

Daemon Poster
...is anyone else in the U.S having severe fuel shortages?

Here where I live in Alabama things are starting to get hectic. They started rationing gas, and the county I live in is completely out. Thankfully, where I live is very close to the county line so where I get my gas is the next county over. But our neighboring county is quickly running out and as of right now there are only a few gas stations with gas and they are going to be out by tonight. The city of Talladega only had one gas station with gas and the police had to be called to keep order at the pumps, but the word from the gas station owners is that they won't have gas until mid-next week:(

I have never seen so many people buying gas before. The place I get mine is a tiny country store and people from 20 miles away were buying the max amount of gas ($30 max w/gas at 3.99 a gallon) and people were lined up to get it....and to make it worse, our fire department's piece of shit brush truck only had 1/8th of a tank of gas, which is dangerous because that behemoth's fuel economy is more effectively measured in 100's of Feet per gallon rather than Miles per gallon, so an 1/8th of a tank is pretty risky. All we could do was put a 5 gallon bucket's worth of gas in it so it would have enough to even get to the store (if they even have gas by tomorrow)...if anything bad happens we're f***ed.

All this just don't set right with me, folks around here are getting kinda anxious and I just hope this event won't be the harbinger for worse things to come.

Hmm there's nothing like that happening here. Although I did hear on the news today that some gas refinerers were taking damage from storms so i guess that would make it all add up.

Heh...your right about that Chris, but we can't afford to with fuel costs getting more ridiculous by the day. We can only put in what we can afford at the time (our new truck has a 50 gallon tank and takes well over $200 to fill up). Out of the 4 trucks are department has, 2 are gas and 2 are diesel.

The two "main" ones we use are our (thanks to a homeland security grant) a new '08 Kenworth pumper which is diesel, and the other one, our 1970 something dodge shitbucket brush truck is gas. (I've tagged the truck with the name "Clank" because everytime we crank it rattles...fiercely, and everytime we drive it 'something' falls off from underneath the chassis)

Ole' Clank isn't much to look at...some guy with a shed painted it for us for free, but he put to much primer on it...so the paint is split and very....veiny. To best describe it, it looks like something Spiderman would drive. It also has one red dome light that is slightly off center and looks oddly similar to the one on the Andy Griffith show and a siren which only has one tone that sounds exactly like it's screaming *JEW JEW JEW*

This is ridiculous... a fake panic caused by media hype. It's happened all over the place, even as far as South Carolina. If people hadn't gone crazy about it then it would be relatively normal supply and not much higher prices...

I had to buy premium last night because I was low and had to get some before it was all bought... $4 a gallon.

As of right now, no shortages where I am. We have plenty of gas stations in the town I work in. Only time I've ever seen a gas sation run low on gas is when I went to fill up and there was only the top grade of gas available. I could have gone elsewhere, but just got gas there. No one was rushing around in big long lines to get gas though. And there wasn't any rationing. The hurricane may change some of that now around here because some evacuees came to around this area.

This is ridiculous... a fake panic caused by media hype. It's happened all over the place, even as far as South Carolina. If people hadn't gone crazy about it then it would be relatively normal supply and not much higher prices...

I had to buy premium last night because I was low and had to get some before it was all bought... $4 a gallon.

People here in SC are freaking out. There's some serious price gouging going around too. Some places are as high as $6.00 a gallon, you can't tell me that's not price gouging! Right by my house there's a gas station that went from $3.69 to $4.29 in one day, and some stations are even out of gasoline. This whole hype with everyone rushing out to load up their vehicles with gas is only making things worse. I might just start getting in touch with the attorney general since he reinvoked the gas gouging law here and has already charged 4 gas stations.

People here in SC are freaking out. There's some serious price gouging going around too. Some places are as high as $6.00 a gallon, you can't tell me that's not price gouging! Right by my house there's a gas station that went from $3.69 to $4.29 in one day, and some stations are even out of gasoline. This whole hype with everyone rushing out to load up their vehicles with gas is only making things worse. I might just start getting in touch with the attorney general since he reinvoked the gas gouging law here and has already charged 4 gas stations.

I wish gas was only 4.29 a gallon here lol. You Americans are lucky. It's up to 6$ a gallon for cheap gas in Canada right now, and I expect to be paying 7$ a gallon for the premium gas our car takes.

Back
Top Bottom