Two OS's simple question

buso23

Baseband Member
Hi,

I had two OS's installed on my PC and I deleted one so there's only one on my HD now. When the PC would start up I had to choose which one to boot but now since I deleted one I still have both of them showing and the one that got deleted automatically loads which brings me to an error message saying that some windows files are missing. How do I delete the old one from the boot menu? Thanks

OK, I'm not sure if this fixes the problem but it's worth a try...

In Vista,
Open Control Panel, open System. To the left, click on Advanced System Settings, and once that comes up down the bottom is Startup and Recovery, click Settings. Now make sure the wanted OS is set to default, and uncheck the box that says "Time To Display List of OS's", and click OK. Reboot to see if it worked.

In XP,
Open Control Panel, Open System. Click on teh Advanced Tab, at the bottom under Startup And Recovery click Settings. Make sure the wanted OS is selected as default, and uncheck the box that says "Time To Display List of OS's", and click OK. Reboot and see if it worked.

Matt

That did the trick. It didn't delete the other OS but it loaded the one installed on the HD and I set the waiting time to 1 sec. so it's O.K. now. Thanks a bunch

Back
Top Bottom