two monitors or one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flipp1234567

In Runtime
was debating between two 23" ACER monitors for 150$ a piece, or one 27" PLANAR monitor for 260?

what should i get? two ACERs are nice, but i've also heard that my video card (RADEON HD 5850) doesn't support dual screen to well.... even so, more monitor for the buck or more of single screen per buck?

Where the heck did you hear that? I'm running dual 20" on a HD5770. The latest video cards, since they made dual outputs, ran 2 screens fine.

It all depends upon what you are using it for. If you are a gamer, it is nice to have that extra screen to keep upon your messenger or game shortcuts you can't remember. Also if you code, it is nice to have that extra space to look up code.

i just looked up some old forum posts from two years ago about the 5850 dual display Flicker Bug. they have found a solution, but i have no idea what they are talking about or how they do it. and because this was a recurring error two years ago, i'm not quite sure if AMD/gigabyte/MSI etc. have found a solution to the problem.

So im just wondering if i should still get the dual monitor display even if the bug isn't fixed yet. yes i am a gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom