two close calls!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
I just got home from work stressed out and decided to go on a bike ride on my bycycle!!!

I saw a van stop at a stop sign and i ran the stop sign that it was at and a dodge neon almost hit me!!! it was about 5ft. away!!!

When i was infront of my house turning in i was racing this other vehicle coming towards me so that i wouldn't have to stop and wait!!!

That car was about 5" away!!! that was way too close!!!

about 2 years ago some other bycycle dude was chasing me!!!
I was headed for a vehicle and got about 4" from it!!!

I tried to get that guy who was chasing me to hit the car but he didn't!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!!

WHAT HAPPEN!!!!

SOMEONE SET US UP THE BOMB!!!!

WE GOT SIGNAL!!!!!!

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!!!!

MAKE YOUR TIME!!!!

This kid is getting very ANNOYING!!!

CAN WE PLEASE STOP THE STUPID SENTENCES IF THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT TO CALL THEM!!!

ALLYOURBASEAREBELONGTOUS!!!!

You know that is a warcraft III cheat right???!!!

Norcent said:

I saw a van stop at a stop sign and i ran the stop sign that it was at and a dodge neon almost hit me!!! it was about 5ft. away!!!
A. Become familiar with the period. It is a fantastic grammatical device with many uses.

B. You ran a stop sign. As a bicyclist (read your spelling: bycycle dude OMG harharhar leik wowies!!!), you also must obey all traffic laws. This means stop signs, yield signs, traffic lights, and even turn signals (read the DMV manual for the hand signals...). Traffic at an intersection has no idea you're going to run a stop sign, so you must stop if you value your life. But hey - I don't really value it, so go ahead and do what you want. I'll feel sorry for the driver though - even though it will be your fault you got hit, the insurance companies place the fault on the drivers.

Norcent said:
When i was infront of my house turning in i wass racing this other vehicle coming towards me so that i wouldn't have to stop and wait!!!

That car was about 5" away!!! that was way too close!!!
Again, your fault. When you're in the road, you must know that you SHARE the road. You don't automatically have the right of way just because you're not encased in metal. Signal, wait for traffic, obey all road rules.

I am an avid cyclist - I know what I'm talking about. In this case, I'd hate to sound like this, but you can either listen to me or kill yourself. Obey the rules, and you'll be fine. I ride anywhere from 20-40 miles a day, every day, and have only been put in harm's way once (when an oncoming car passed two cars on a double yellow line - almost hitting me in the process). You must have patience for other cars on the road - they are much larger than you, don't stop as quickly, and usually the drivers are in "commuting mode" - which means they're not really paying attention. The drivers make the same route every single day, and it's understandable that their thoughts wander while driving. Be careful of them and you'll be fine.

It's your own fault that you were put in these situations. Recognize this.

....And for god's sake - learn some ****ing grammar. I'd start with the chapter on punctuation, then move on to the section on forming complete, coherent sentences.

I hate it when a cyclist is on the road and going down the center expecting people to stay behind them going 3-5mph when my car will idle at that speed when the brakes are off. I do respect them but I wish they would stay to the side of the road so me and others can safely go around them.

charles_scott said:
I hate it when a cyclist is on the road and going down the center expecting people to stay behind them going 3-5mph when my car will idle at that speed when the brakes are off. I do respect them but I wish they would stay to the side of the road so me and others can safely go around them.

On the cyclist's behalf - the shoulder is not the place for bikes. Potholes, gravel, branches and other plantlife, and lots of roadkill litter the shoulder, making it unbelievably unsafe for the skinny 1/2" tires.

However, the cyclist should make it a point to ride close to the white line if the shoulder is unsafe. I only ride the center of the roadway if I'm going in excess of 35mph+, simply to minimize my chances of running into a pothole that I can't see in time.

Anybody that is riding 3-5mph can be passed fairly easily though... I'd just wait for an opening to pass then then gun it around them. If there is no opening, a polite honk should alert the rider to get back to the shoulder. Read: Polite honk. Riders don't like a squealing horn coming out of nowhere... It is a very difficult situation, though - I hate passing riders on the road myself, even though I am one.

^^^ I ride in the center of the road if I do not think someoen can safely pass me.

And you should try to be smarter when riding your bike. This stuff sounds like you were being a dumbass.

Not that I have never ran a stop sign on a bike before, but if you do it, at least make sure nobodys around.

I was hit by vehicles twice while riding a bike. I was riding on the sidewalk both times..

Before someone decides to throw an unwanted tantrum, I should point out that in the city I was in those days, it is legal to ride on the sidewalk below a certain speed (forgot the exact #). :)

One was a middle aged woman, and the other was an older woman. Why the heck can't people pay attention to the road? :mad:..

I am very much in favour of introducing a reflexes test during a driver's exam. People with poor reflexes SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED TO GET BEHIND A WHEEL! :mad:

i remember when i was a kid, I was riding my bike looking at a house to my left and SMACKED into the back of a parked car. I first thought I broke my pinky, but after i realized i was ok, I just kinda laughed really hard for about 30 seconds and then rode off as fast as possible

no damage done to the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom