Twitter in Thunderbird keeps disconnecting.

porgorg

Baseband Member
Hi, I've been viewing various Twitter accounts I'm following using the chat in Mozilla Thunderbird. However over the past week or so it keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting over and over. I've had error 410 - Gone and Error 429 - Too many requests / rate limit exceeded. Looking them up, I can't really make much sense of it other than maybe my messages are full? I reinstalled it anyway, clearing all signs of the previous one but again it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting with the Error 410 - Gone.

Any help appreciated as looking it up I can't really find anything relevant to this issue. Thanks.

Last edited:
I've tried using verisons 52.9.1 and 60.0b of Thunderbird as mine was 52.9 but I'm still getting the same outcome. Using 60.0b I had this error:

Error 410: The site Streams and User streams endpoints have been
turned off. Please migrate to alternate API's. See https://t.co/usss

Going to the site doesn't make things any clearer, just more complicated. Does Twitter no longer work with Thunderbird as I can't seem to find anything online that mentions it.

I don't think if this has to do something with Thunderbird. Te Hyperlink forwards you to your default Web browser. Once out there, the performance of the hyperlink is no more dependent on your Thunderbird. Look out for the web browser you use. i feel the issue is right there.

Back
Top Bottom