TV Tuners

EricM

Daemon Poster
I am thinking about getting a TV tuner but do not know how they work with satellite receivers... Is there a limit to the number of channels it will pick up?? Can you use the guide on the satellite like you normally would? And how do media centre pc's hook up to your tv? I was thinking about getting windows media centre and doing that but I think just hooking up a coaxial cable from the satellite receiver to the tv tuner would work just fine for me.

if you get a tv tuner and hook up a coax cable from whatever you want, it should work just fine.
Hauppage and ATI make the best tv tuners just for your reference.

As tommy boy said use a coax cable and get Hauppauge or ATI. But, about the media center thing. Once you have installed it, go in my tv on media center, guide/live tv and it should pick up your tv. Just use the coax cable and connect it from your tuner to your tv and you get what your tv gets and yes you do get a guide.

Im kinda confused a bit... what exactly are the benefits of media center edition of windows? I just want to be able to watch tv on my comp and be able to record. the tv feed is coming from a satellite receiver so i still have a guide...

Back
Top Bottom