TV Tuner

superman22x

Golden Master
So here's the deal. At college, we got a lot of cable channels. But I don't have a TV. Is there anyway to get it on my computer?

get a hauppage (or however its spelled) and be sure its a pci express NOT usb or pci. also be sure you are getting the right type of tuner for your cable signal.

Seamlessly? How did you do it? I have that exact same card with the remote and when I try to set it up in Media Center (tried in Vista and 7) it won't detect the remote properly when setting up TV. It will detect the TV signal just fine ( I can see/hear the preview), but will not complete the setup for TV because it keeps saying that it can't find the remote. Which is weird because I can use the remote to do everything else in Media Center without any problems. It sucks because since it can't complete TV setup without detecting the remote even though I know it should work (otherwise I wouldn't be able to see/hear the preview during setup) I have to use a third party viewer to watch TV.

Seamlessly? How did you do it? I have that exact same card with the remote and when I try to set it up in Media Center (tried in Vista and 7) it won't detect the remote properly when setting up TV. It will detect the TV signal just fine ( I can see/hear the preview), but will not complete the setup for TV because it keeps saying that it can't find the remote. Which is weird because I can use the remote to do everything else in Media Center without any problems. It sucks because since it can't complete TV setup without detecting the remote even though I know it should work (otherwise I wouldn't be able to see/hear the preview during setup) I have to use a third party viewer to watch TV.

Before I went into media center to setup the TV, I went on the disk and manually installed the app Haug. uses to manage it (it's the only thing that can run it properly to my knowladge). the installer is ir32.exe I believe.

Before I went into media center to setup the TV, I went on the disk and manually installed the app Haug. uses to manage it (it's the only thing that can run it properly to my knowladge). the installer is ir32.exe I believe.

Yeah, I did that too. Personally, I think it's just Microsoft making things difficult when they don't have to be. You can buy a Happauge remote identical to the one that comes with the card except that it has the Windows Media Center button on it for $50. I'll bet WMC recognizes that remote without a problem. I've also tried a firefly remote (without the WMC button) and again, not happening. Apparently, this is a common issue with WMC. You appear to be one of the lucky ones...

Back
Top Bottom