TV-Tuner card

Shantei

In Runtime
I am currently on the search for a TV-Tuner card.

My X1900 XT supports the stuff that is needed (VIVO)

I have never bought or owned a TV-Tuner card and would really like to take advantage of it, it sounds really cool :D

So I was wondering if you could pick out from this website:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=701&catid=56&subid=169

..a decent card for me. I'd also say to keep the prices below £60. Unless it's too good to miss!

Thanks in advance!

Anyone?

Also I have a few questions about the way I transfer the signals. I have 2 or 3 options here I think. I have the S-video cable here, the Composite cable and Component video cables. Are these Component video cables output ones though? Simply because they aren't pins themselves, they're receivers meaning they would transfer the image to a television aye? Can someone clarify me on that please?

Also with my S-video cable, I can't see where I'd plug the end in to. I wish to connect this all to my Sky Digital Box and I presume the end would go into the back there, but seeing as there isn't one, I can't use S-Video aye?

Therefore, it's Composite I guess! Plug this into the tuner card and back into the Sky Box and away I go.

Someone clarify on all of this please?

Also, does it matter which connection I use really?

Thanks in advance again!

..Or have I got it all wrong and the cables all come with the TV tuner card itself? If so, why do I have these cables with my graphics card?

Also with the TV tuner cards it says it requires a Sound Card. My one is integrated onto the motherboard, but it's 7.1 so it's a good one. This doesn't mean I won't be able to connect it up all properly does it?

I just purchased the WinTV HVR 950, it's a USB tuner, but it's excellent. It does the job very well. I can't complain with it.

Oh COME ON.

Doesn't anyone know fa about these things?

OK, S-Video and Composite are pretty similar, although I think, but don't quote me that S-Vid is more vibrant or something to that effect. Most tuner cards should have an S-Video connection IN, and if they don't then yeah, Composite would be more than good enough. You then have to look at the sound, does the card your getting have sound inputs, or do you have to use your sound card? On a TV Tuner Card none of the ports should be OUT, they should be all IN as they only receive video, not output it. Thats what the gfx card is for. I think that was all your questions. If not, sorry I missed them or I don't know them, any more feel free to ask!

Matt

OK, S-Video and Composite are pretty similar, although I think, but don't quote me that S-Vid is more vibrant or something to that effect. Most tuner cards should have an S-Video connection IN, and if they don't then yeah, Composite would be more than good enough. You then have to look at the sound, does the card your getting have sound inputs, or do you have to use your sound card? On a TV Tuner Card none of the ports should be OUT, they should be all IN as they only receive video, not output it. Thats what the gfx card is for. I think that was all your questions. If not, sorry I missed them or I don't know them, any more feel free to ask!

Matt

Ok that's cool .. but you see this one:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-032-HA&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=169

..it only has a Composite connection doesn't it? Also, does it come with any cables for this? Because my 'Composite' cable that came with my GPU doesn't fit into the back of my Sky DigiBox .. what am I supposed to do?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Ok that's cool .. but you see this one:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-032-HA&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=169

..it only has a Composite connection doesn't it? Also, does it come with any cables for this? Because my 'Composite' cable that came with my GPU doesn't fit into the back of my Sky DigiBox (Aerial In) .. what am I supposed to do?

Thanks in advance.

From the reviews i read about Happauge, it didn't work too well, or at least broke in the future. If you can find a MSI TV Anywhere i highly recommend it, thats the one i currently use, there also many features that you get with it, like recording, fm tuner, converting video files, and more. the sound is inputed through the sound card via input. the video and sound quality is also pretty damn good for the price.

Here's a link from newegg just to see how it looks like:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127988

Back
Top Bottom