TV to Nintendo 64

theretardedwhale

Beta member
Hello Tech Forums. I recently was given an old TV, the date on it says it was manufactured in 1968. Is it at all possible to hook up my Nintendo 64, even though it has HDMI adapters, to the TV? Are there any adapters that would connect the HDMI cables for my N64 to the TV?

Use the analog RCA cables for the N64 and into an RF modulator then to the TV through coaxial.

Wait...wat? You say your TV is from 1968 but it has HDMI? HDMI was designed in 2002...

What input connects does the TV have? Does it have RCA (red/white/yellow), or does it only have an RF connector (a coax-cable connector used for cable TV/antenna)?

If it has RCA...then the N64 should hook right up to it. If it has an RF connector only...then you'll need to pick up an RF Modulator so that it gives you RCA inputs.

Edit: ninja'd by iParanormal..damn you :p

No, my TV doesnt have HDMI, My Nintendo 64 does.

EDIT: It has RCA
N64's don't have HDMI - they have RCA.

If the TV has RCA, then you'll need to use that. Otherwise, if there are no other inputs other than an RF connector...you'll need an RF Modulator like iParanormal and I mentioned so that you can have RCA inputs.

N64's don't have HDMI - they have RCA.

If the TV has RCA, then you'll need to use that. Otherwise, if there are no other inputs other than an RF connector...you'll need an RF Modulator like iParanormal and I mentioned so that you can have RCA inputs.

There are no RCA inputs on the TV, what is iParanormal and how do I get it?

There are no RCA inputs on the TV, what is iParanormal and how do I get it?

iParanormal is the other user that posted above me. I was just mentioning that both he and I told you exactly what to get - same with PP Mguire now as well.

You need an RF Modulator so that you can have RCA inputs.

The RF modulator hooks inline with the coax connector on the TV. It will then give you usable RCA inputs.

iParanormal is the other user that posted above me. I was just mentioning that both he and I told you exactly what to get - same with PP Mguire now as well.

You need an RF Modulator so that you can have RCA inputs.

The RF modulator hooks inline with the coax connector on the TV. It will then give you usable RCA inputs.
Would have elaborated but I'm scramming to finish things before end of shift :lol:

Back
Top Bottom